Tips for Mold Damage in Your Home or Business
Mold can quickly become a problem for your Sacramento home or business, follow these tips to stay safe, prevent further damage, and get help quickly.
It can take as little as 48 hours for mold to become a problem when there is excess water due to a roof leak, waterline, or other cause for water. Mold can cause health effects and significantly damage your property. SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda are trained, ready, and waiting to handle your mold problem with the necessary gear, equipment, and preventative measures.
If you have a mold problem, call us today (916) 991-1522.
The first priority when mold is found is safety:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 2 to 3 days
- Strong and musty odors can indicate mold that is not visible
- This may include mold behind drywall, under carpeting, or hidden under sinks
What you should not do:
- Don’t touch or disturb affected areas or mold
- Don’t blow any air across suspect surfaces or areas
- Don’t attempt to dry the air yourself
- Don’t spray disinfectants on the mold
What you should do:
- Stay out of affected areas
- Turn off any fans, heating, ventilation, or air systems
- Contact us to professionally take care of the situation
- We are available 24/7 to take care of these issues
For Sacramento commercial or home based mold problems, call us at, or visit our website for more information.