How to Properly React to Mold
If you see visible mold… Your first instinct may be to clean it up quickly and get it out of your house, but do not disturb it. Sometimes when mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home. Inevitably spreading the mold infestation throughout your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Touch or disturb the mold.
- Blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Dry the area yourself.
- Spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 916-991-1522