Do's and Don'ts with Mold Exposure to Your Property
Mold Growth Defense Tips (NOTE: Prompt mitigation is vital to avoid mold growth which can be visible in as little as 24 to 48 hours under certain conditions)
- Keep the humidity between 30 to 60 percent.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Provide for proper drainage away from building foundations.
- Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks.
- Keep gutters and drains clear of debris.
- Inspect the roof, windows and other areas where water might enter the building and perform necessary maintenance.
- Respond to all water intrusions immediately.
- Contact a SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda Professional form assistance after a water damage or if your discover mold.
- Do not touch or disturb the mold.
- Do not blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Do not try to dry the area yourself.
- Do not spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 916-991-1522